Friday, October 30, 2009

Carving out a lil' Kitty-







While I can't hold a candle to Erika and Andrew (although I suspect the use of stencils...CHEATING :)~ Here is the pumpkin I carved tonight with the boys. I tried taking a picture without the flash so that you could see it lit up, as it looks the best that way, but I couldn't figure out how to turn the flash off on my camera. Probably better that way, cuz then I'd never figure out how to turn it back on ;)
Chase liked watching me gut it, but then the carving was far too mundane and he was off playing with much more exciting things like sharp carving knives...true story. Cooper gutted his own lil' version, but alas was only allowed to use markers. It's a bit soon to give him free reign with a sharp utensil.

I asked Cooper if he wanted me to make him a cat and he said yes, so that's what we've got here. Our very own Halloween cat! Happy haunting everyone!

1 comment:

Betty Kay said...

It's a very cute kitty, Ambs and you did a fine job!