Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Diets and Spinoffs

As some of you may find it hard to believe, I do cook. I don't cook every night, but when I do ooooohheeeee, it's lights out good!

Diet day two wasn't much better than day one. It entailed peanut butter and jelly, a "Hostess" (Winco rip off) type chocolate pie and of course ...leftover Papa Murphy's. None of it was very good and of course I feel somewhat guilty, but who am I kidding. I'll eat that stuff again. Probably tomorrow.

OK...I heard some news today and I'm not quite sure if I find it alarmingly disturbing or euphorically excited. At this time, my favorite television show is The Office. If you haven't checked it out yet, you need to. Netflix the old seasons if you have to. You won't be disappointed. The news I heard today was they were thinking about introducing a bunch of new characters and creating a spin-off show as early as next season. When I heard this I thought that might be a fun idea. I've enjoyed many shows that have done this. The first to really do it was Law & Order. They introduced Special Victims Unit and Criminal Intent...both are shows I've really enjoyed. CSI became CSI Miami which sucks and CSI New York which, in mine and Amber's opinion, has become better than it's original. I think these spin-off shows have worked because they were new shows. They didn't steal characters and try to create something totally new when the original show was just fine the way it is. Take Grey's Anatomy. You can't steal Addison Shepard and start a new show called Private Practice. That show is a complete piece of crap. So you can imagine my reluctance when I googled The Office and found out they are thinking of taking DWIGHT SCHRUTE off of the original and creating a new show for him! Each character on the office works perfectly together. You can't take someone away. It will ruin the show. DO NOT RUIN THE BEST SHOW ON TV! I'm so fired up right now that I have to take a break from this post.

Good day...Ryan

3 comments:

Erika said...

First off...I find it so delightful that men think it's fine to 'choose' when they want to cook. And they think they deserve some sort of applause for doing so every once in a while. Where's my thanks for doing it every day!? Regardless of whether or not I feel like it. Sure, if I only cooked once a month it'd be lights out good. Try doing lights out good every night. :)

Second, I too enjoy The Office and am quite happy that Jim and Pam are finally together. This being said, I agree that a Dwight Shrute spin off would be terrible. He is a very important part of The Office and I don't know if it'd be good with just him...

Anonymous said...

That's it...cold turkey for Erika on Thanksgiving!

Betty Kay said...

That assumes that Erika is in fact coming for Thanksgiving. Right, Erika??