Monday, October 29, 2007

TESTING, TESTING

OK...this is my own little test. I want to see how many comments (good or bad) I can generate from my first post. I want to know what kind of web traffic I'm going to get. Since my ideas are truly great, I want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for my buck. So comment away.

So I've decided it's time AGAIN to go on a diet. It seems like that's all I ever do these days. Every time I turn around, I say I'm going to go on a diet. If that were the case, I don't think I'd be trying to lose the same 10 pounds I've been trying to lose for a good six months now. The main problem today was my wife. I was doing so well until I came home for lunch. I was looking for something sensible and what is sitting on the counter. Papa Murphy's. Hmmm...can't let that go so of course I had two pieces, and crazy bread. Good start to the diet as usual. Dinner was a little better. Since I'm addicted to FOOD NETWORK I stole a recipe from Bobby Flay. Tonight I dined on BBQ's shrimp that I skewered and basted with a spicy little number. Definitely a keeper. I added some plain pasta to go with it...Cooper thought it was a meal fit for a king. It will definitely make it's way back into my dinner rotation. Heck, it might even end up as a menu item for next summers BBQ Extravaganza for Tim and Teague. I've got time to think about it though. I have some time to perfect it...although not a lot of time.

Nothing like a food post to kick things off...RYAN

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. I'll be joining you on the diet train very soon.

Quick question: how many times have you checked this comment section so far today???

Anonymous said...

Nicely done Ryan, this first post is a unique blend of literary and culinary excellence. I think you have inspired me to start blogging about food as well. Blog on!!

Erika said...

Cooper is a shrimp enthusiast, eh? Well that's a bonus. But I would try a food critic older than one years old if you want to become a real chef...

Anonymous said...

HEY...Cooper is 19 months. That's closer to age 2, so I will take the props from his delicate taste buds!

I've only checked twice! :)

Amber said...

Wait, are you saying you cooked? Can you tell Jeremy that he needs to start doing that once in while? I will definitely be checking you blog for fun and exciting entries.
Amber H

Betty Kay said...

Well, tonight we dined on tacos, Ryan. Definitely a keeper maybe once a year. Chet liked them though and had 4. Whenever we go to Taco Bell, all he ever has are the 3 tacos, so I figured i'd really treat him special. The other day we had mac and cheese, and he thought he died and went to heaven. So needless to say I knew I could deprive him no longer and went out and bought more. And all these years I thought I needed to be allowing him to dine on Rib Eye steaks!! Speaking of that, we had some the other night and he took the leftovers for lunch the next day, the boss took everyone out for lunch to announce his retirement, and they cleaned out the frig and threw out the rib eye too. Boy was he mad. Just thought I'd add to your test. Tell Ambs to get more pictures of that Cooper on here too!!