Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas in Belfair




































Christmas Day is our day to drive north to Belfair and see my mom and dad and family... this year we got an extra special present... new babies & 900 feet of snow! That's right, not just my baby Chasers... but Erika's baby Keegan too! He is SOOOOO cute! I always love getting to see my family and it makes me realize how very far away they actually live... (Kentucky...wah-wah!) 2ndly, we actually didn't make the drive up until the 26th because of the tremendous down pour of snow we had. Quite nice actually and even nicer, how quickly it all melted! I know I'm probably one of the few who loved it, some not so much, but hey- what are you gonna do? Can't control the weather eh?
Anyway, it was a very nice drive up and only a sprinkle of snow; to add to the foot and a half already on the ground. Great company and yummy food- I was so excited to give my mom her present I made her. I had been working on it since May and spent just over 70 hours creating it. It was a homemade calendar of all her kids, kids' spouses & grandkids with all their birthdays, the age they would be or anniversaries and the year to be celebrated in 2009. Rather than just print it out, I snapped pictures of all respective celebrators and pasted it on their special day. Hence the upwards of 70 hours... but so worth it. I think she loves it as much as I loved making it for her! This year I also finally got my dad a present he was excited to receive... cuz he is hard to shop for, so it was nice to see him like his lil' gift.

All in all- great year... great holiday and a great family I have! I feel very blessed. Hopefully the new year rings in great things for you and yours for all of 2009.
CHEERS!
Amber

No comments: