Monday, November 5, 2007

Week 1 Weigh In

You know, when Amber became pregnant with Cooper I tried my darndest (and succeeded) to gain more weight than her during the first trimester. The weight seemed to stay off of her, but it wasn't difficult for me to pack on close to ten pounds.

This time is going to be different though. That's the reason for the diet. I had tacked on about five pounds that I wanted to try and get rid of anyway, but I remember vividly gorging myself the last time we were in this position. So...here's how I did the first week:

Beginning weight - 175
Week one weigh in - 179

I know, I know, you're thinking pretty impressive right? I knew something wasn't right this past week. For some reason I wasn't very hungry, but I found myself stuffing myself with regular meals, halloween candy, chocolate pies, cheetos, Olive Garden, McDonalds and whatever else I could get my hands on. Never fear though...I have readjusted my attitude and am ready to reverse my eating course. Time to get serious and create a menu.

Anyone have any good ideas for dinners? I'm wide open for ideas!

Ryan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Idea: Don't bother! The food gremlins from anxiety WILL win out. So my advice is to wait til July, check that, make it August. Get it out of your system now, except for the coconut thingies from Costco. Other than that, just keep variety in mind and throw in some Burgerville, Taco Bell, Pizza Schmizza, Red Robin, etc.

Anonymous said...

Once I'm cleared by the doctor, I will join you in the quest for a thinner me. I've got 20lbs to lose. The difference between the 2 of us is that you're only willing to put in 1/2 the effort (better diet) instead of 100% effort (better diet + exercise). Could a challange be in our midst? Luckily there is a new 24 Hour Fitness opening closeby. Not that I'll have any time to actually go there.