Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Damn Birds

Is it spring yet? I usually welcome the fall and winter rains, but this year I'm ready to skip the whole darn thing. I'm ready for the sun, the flowers and the gardening that needs to be taken care of. Yep, I know what you're thinking. I've definitely become set in my adult ways. I would definitely rather watch tv on Friday/Saturday nights (well...basically any night of the week is tv night, who am I kidding!?!), or I'd rather sit down and read a book. I don't have the energy anymore to stay out past 10:00. Hard to believe that in my "youth" I'd just be getting started at 10:00 if you know what I'm saying. I've come a long way from telling my parents that my yard would be one solid slab of concrete so I'd have nothing to take care of.

Since it's not spring and I don't have a whole lot to do outside, I've resorted to feeding birds. Yep, you heard it, I'm feeding freaking birds. I started out with a bird feeder I had received for Christmas a couple of years ago. This is the year I've decided to keep it full. Then I added this thing called suet. Basically it looks like a waxy square with seeds in it. I'll be damned if those little bastards don't love that stuff. So I added two more to my collection around the yard. I decided that I was really losing it when I was debating on purchasing a hanging bird bath last night. I know I'm just putting off the inevitable. I should have bought it last night but didn't.

My next plan will be to attract the humming birds. But that's a spring thing again.

My ultimate goal would be to get a damn squirrel in the yard for Cooper. I don't think I'm going to have much luck there though.

Ryan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, you're really losing it....Old Man Vegas in full effect!

Anonymous said...

Hey...I may have a bird problem, but THE VEGAS KID is not losing it! Not completely.

Anyway, if you had only seen how wonderous the copper bird batch at Home Depot was, you would have wanted it just as bad as me!

Erika said...

Do you know how much my mom and dad love feeding birds? Now you'll have something to talk about! Yea for the common thread with the parents-in-law!! :)

Amber said...

Sounds like you are 30-something going on 60-something.
haiderfam.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

seriously ryan....
seriously???


when it comes down to it, it's all for cooper isn't it?

such a good dad you are....
~pam