Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Pre-Christmas Eve






Not that it will surprise anyone, but Ryan and I opened our stockings from each other on Sunday the 23rd...we just couldn't wait! (I know, we're worse than kids-) Ryan was very generous and got me an ipod nano... it's the coolest toy I never knew I always wanted, it's really been a lot of fun to tweek. I felt like my jammies, gift cards and knick knacks didn't compare, but who says it's a contest... right? Before we knew it, Cooper had unwrapped one of the "fillers" from my stocking and was feasting delightfully... see above picture for details.


Christmas Eve was at Bop-pa and Nana's (Ryan's parents) and for the first time all season he was instructed to tear into his gifts rather than leave them alone. He was very confused. After some help from Daddy, he was very happy to undulge in his new fire truck... which is really all he cared about for the rest of the evening... that and Nana's crystal champagne glass. He was busy and occupied with something or other all night long, which was very fun to watch for all of us.


Christmas Day, Ryan finally got my cold that I have for the SECOND time this month, and we both hoofed it up to Belfair to share the day with Grammie and Papa (My parents). It was plentiful and eventful. As we all opened our many gifts and stockings, it started to snow .... and stick! Truly gorgeous! Especially where my folks live because it's all trees and no development... but alas the splinter of it all, was Ripley. He cut his foot something fierce on who knows what and even as I write this blog it still hasn't stopped bleeding. SO... it's off to the Doggie Dr. in the morning to see what's goin' on. Hopefully nothing serious... will keep you posted.


Alas, I am prompted to say my many gratitudes to friends and family for everything that I have. Both material and immaterial. I don't know how I lucked out, but I certainly did with patient, loyal and loving parents, family and friends and truly the most wonderful husband I could ever wish for. I'm truly blessed and know that I owe a great deal of thanks to all of you that fulfill my life to what it is for me. All my love this season and always-


AMBER xoxo

3 comments:

Erika said...

I love the pic of Coopie eating that chocolate bar! Classic! Even if I was eating that thing it would look huge! Where did you get that??

Anywho...sad that I didn't get to be with the fam this year for the festivities but you know I'll be there next year! Bring the cheese and juice on! :)

Jadie said...

Amb, Your family is beautiful. Cooper is one of the cutest toddlers I have ever seen, (right there with my Marcus) I was so glad to finally look at your blog. I feel as if I have seen a little bit into your life. I really am glad that you are so happy. I heard that you are expecting again? As am I so CHEERS to that! Love you!!
-Jadie

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm going to look at your house Tuesday PM, So make sure the house is ready and cookies are fresh on the counter! Does Ryan have to leave the house? LOL.