Saturday, December 8, 2007

OUCH!

I knew I was in trouble when I heard her say hello!! You don't want to mess with pregnant, Russian women named Alex, especially when there's morning sickness involved! Today was my lucky day to go to the dentist. A year and a half ago I busted a tooth eating freaking potato chips. I was lucky enough to get in the next day and get a temporary filling of sorts put in until they could schedule me to have a crown fitted. My first attempt was about a year ago...lucky me, my dentist cancelled on me. I FINALLY got in today. I'll tell you what, they worked me over good. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. I got right in, plopped in the chair and shot up with enough Novocain to stop Bigfoot. That's where the pleasantness ended. I then sat in the chair staring out the window while my two tormentors worked on an emergency next to me. When it came to me, they didn't waste any time. My dentist grounded away at my tooth while my good friend Alex did her best to try and drown. Her suction technique is a little to be desired! But, I did survive. I was lucky enough to get a second round of Novocain, so I'm drooling as I type this. I've got my temporary tooth in right now, and it's just three short weeks before I'll be sporting a new tooth. Unfortunately I won't be pimping with anything silver or gold. For some reason they want my teeth to match.

Now I can't eat anything hard, crunchy or sticky. Since I've put on a solid 8 pounds when this blog was started, that is probably a good thing...although I do have the other side of my mouth for these if I want!!!

Ryan

2 comments:

Erika said...

My latest dentist experience was less than desirable too...actually. I've gone to the dentist every six months for as long as I can remember but my first time here in Kentucky was different. Let's just say I haven't had a cavity for years and suddenly this lady thinks I have 5! So she did the work but of course they were on both sides of my mouth and had to be done on different days. So needless to say, I was miserable and my jaw hurt for at least a week after each! Ouch! And that was just for fillings, not a a new tooth! I feel your pain!!

Anonymous said...

damn the teeth matchiness...
you'd so be pimpin' if you had a golf toof...

~pam