Thursday, December 27, 2007

Talking MORE birds






Mocked by many, admired by all...that seems to be my bird blog motto these days. You all may think of me as old with my new "passion", but you find yourselves strangely intrigued and drawn in. I thought I'd give you a little more taste into the wild kingdom. This time with pictures.




Loyal reader Tim in Dallas via KC is very interested in what suet is and what it looks like. Here are a few pictures of it. The first picture is the package itself. The second picture is the wonderful goodness itself. The third picture is how it's presented in the yard and the final picture is what I like to think of as "The Rescue Mission" where the homeless birds can flock to and grab a quick meal on their journey through life!
Still no luck with the squirrels though. I'll keep you all posted.
Ryan




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

although i did believe you before, the pictures really secure the awesomeness of this.
seriously, you are cracking me up!

~pam

Anonymous said...

although i did believe you before, the pictures really secure the awesomeness of this.
seriously, you are cracking me up!

~pam

Erika said...

So the first time I looked at this I didn't realize how huge that block of suet really is. You must be getting quite the flock...now I want pictures of the results though. Let's see some birds!! :)

Betty Kay said...

That's really funny, Ryan. Here in our neck of the woods, you can buy that Suet as commonly as dogfood. I wonder if your graverobbers aren't Stellars Jays. They belong to the crows. and are really aggressive.